BUFFALOES GOT TALENT!
WYIS Virtual Talent Show 2021
During this time of unprecedented challenges and uncertainty, WYIS invites you to join us as we celebrate the diverse talents of our community with an inspiring and unique Virtual Talent Show!
Who can audition?
WYIS students grades 1-12 and all WYIS staff
How it Works:
To audition, students and staff may upload and submit a video of themselves performing a rehearsed talent to the WYIS Talent Show FlipGrid site. Judges (Ms. Pack, Ms. Sauer, Ms. Calder, Dr. Hatten, and Dr. Rehm) will review the videos and select the best talent submissions. A total of 20 acts (5 elementary, 5 middle school, 5 high school, and 5 staff) will be selected for the Talent Show. These selected video submissions will then be compiled together into a Virtual Talent Show video compilation, which will be uploaded to WYIS YouTube and Youku channels for your friends and family to enjoy!
- Video Submissions Due Date: Wednesday, 10 March, 2021
- Video Compilation Upload/Virtual Talent Show Date: Friday, 19 March, 2021
Audition Video Submission Instructions:
Audition videos must be submitted by Wednesday, March 10, 2021 to the FlipGrid WYIS Talent Show site: https://flipgrid.com/afa5235b
Recording and Uploading Instructions:
- Upload a video to Flip Grid as a file, or record directly using the FlipGrid uploading tool. Please do NOT send a link. When recording, please follow the following steps:
- Title your video file in the following manner: Student's First Name, Last Name, and grade level (example: Smith, Jenna, Grade 1).
- Make sure your lighting and audio is bright and clear - your voice should be louder than the music! Be aware of your background - (i.e. pets, younger siblings, etc), and make sure your face can be seen.
- Check your video after you’ve uploaded it to FlipGrid to make sure that it saves and plays properly.
Requirements for Submissions:
- Time Limit: Each performance must be 3 minutes or less
- Submission Limit: Only one video submission per act and per individual student/staff (i.e. you cannot submit multiple videos for an individual audition, although you can audition for both an individual and group act).
- Content: Acts must be appropriate. This applies to ALL audition acts: singing, dancing, or background music, etc. All costuming/clothing must be appropriate. If you are unsure, please ask Ms. Pack or Ms. Sauer before auditioning.
Types of acceptable performances:
-Music (instrument, voice- solo or small ensemble). All music must be clean (no inappropriate language), appropriate (no inappropriate messages), non-censored, and hold a positive message.
- Drama (monologue, recitation of poetry, comedy routine, etc.- NO stand-up/improv)
- Dance (dress and music selection must be appropriate)
- Other (juggling, soccer tricks, magic tricks, etc.)
How will Talent Show participants be selected?
Judges will be looking for performances that strongly embody the following elements:
- Presentation, projection, and performance (delivery/quality)
- Stage Presence
Judges will use the following rubric to assess performances:
Please contact either Ms. Pack (email@example.com) or Ms. Sauer (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns you may have. We are looking forward to seeing your performances!