|October 1-6||National Day Holiday|
FOR A COMPLETE LISTING OF ALL SCHOOL EVENTS, VIEW OUR WEBSITE CALENDAR.
AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES FOR QUARTER 1
|Elementary Soccer Club||3-5||Oct 7-Nov 4 (Wednesdays)||3:15-4:30|
|Elementary Newspaper Club||4-5||Oct 8-Nov 5 (Thursdays)||3:15-4:30|
|Sudoku Club||5-12||Oct 7-Nov 4 (Wednesdays)||3:15-4:30|
|Ballet Club||EC5-G3||Oct 12-Dec 14 (Mondays)||3:15-4:30|
|Elementary Table Tennis||1-5||Oct 12-Dec 14 (Mondays)||3:15-4:30|
- Registration opens Friday, September 18, at 8 pm and closes on Thursday, September 24, at 8 pm.
- Parents can register their children for After-School Activities through the Parent Portal on PowerSchool.
- In order to allow students a fair chance at registration, students can only register for one activity at a time. If there are any openings remaining on September 28, parents may sign up their child for more than one activity from September 28-September 30.
- Fees for each activity are in PowerSchool. Please pay using your child's account, not cash.
- If you have questions or need further help, please contact Ms. Xiong at email@example.com.
SECONDARY ATTENDANCE EXPECTATIONS
Secondary teachers record attendance in PowerSchool for students who are both on campus and off campus.
- Students outside Wuhan - For students who are off campus and learning online, we expect them to join Zoom calls and participate with the teacher and on-campus students synchronously as much as is possible and available. We expect all students in an Asian time zone to participate in class synchronously.
- Students in Wuhan - Students currently in Wuhan are expected to attend classes at WYIS unless their specific situation has been discussed and approved by either Dr. Carlson or Dr. Rehm.
Our hope is for all students to return to WYIS and begin learning in person as soon as possible. We know every student’s situation is different, so please talk with your child’s teacher or Dr. Rehm with any exceptions we should consider or any other questions you have.
MAP TESTING FOR FALL
MAP testing for on-campus students in EC5 to Grade 10 will be from October 7 – November 6, 2020.
More information to come soon about exact dates/times for each grade level.
Many of you have already met online our new principals this year, Dr. Will Hatten from North Carolina, USA, and Dr. Chris Rehm from Virginia, USA. They are excited to join WYIS and to get to know our students and their families.
To learn more about Dr. Hatten and Dr. Rehm, please watch their introduction videos HERE.