AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES FOR QUARTER 3
Below are new activities that are starting soon. See PowerSchool to sign up and for more information.
• Board Games (Grades 1-2)
• Soccer (Grades 3-5)
• Beginner’s Course in 3D Animation (Grades 6-12)
Below are testing dates for secondary students to keep in mind:
• AP Testing – registration open now through February 25
• PSAT – All 9th and 10th grade students will take the PSAT on March 6
• SAT – The final SAT test of the year will be March 9
• SAT Subject Tests – These tests will be June 1
If you have questions, contact Kim.Culp@wyischina.com
DR. SEUSS DAY
On Friday, March 1, elementary students will celebrate Dr. Seuss Day! Students will participate in a variety of fun activities about his books. Students may wear pajamas for Dr. Seuss Day, but please make sure they are modest. School dress code rules should still be followed.
For the safety of our students and staff, we always aim to know who is on our campus. Please remember, the WYIS campus closes at 4:00 each day. Students and families should exit campus by 4 unless they are participating in an after-school activity or have a pre-arranged event or meeting.
MISSED PICTURE DAY? MAKE-UP PICTURE DAY COMING SOON
If you missed picture day, we will have a make-up picture day on Wednesday, March 6. This is not a photo re-take day, but it isthe last chance for students to get their photo taken for the WYIS yearbook. Students must wear their uniform polo. If it is PE day for a student who needs a photo, they can bring their polo to change into for the photo.
TIPS FOR GOOD HEALTH DURING FLU SEASON
It's winter cold and flu season. In order to keep our students and staff healthy, please keep the following in mind:
- If your child has a fever or shows other signs of illness, please keep them home for at least one full day after the fever is gone. This helps avoid a recurrence of the illness and ensures the child is fully recovered.
- Do not send your child to school if they have bad colds, fever (37.5C /99.6F or above), any contagious condition, diarrhea, vomiting, or nausea. Germs spread quickly in a classroom of children. Keeping a sick child home shows care for other school families and helps keep the school a much healthier place for your child.
- Students who are ill will be sent home after parents or emergency contacts have been notified. Students who have vomiting, diarrhea, fever, or who are obviously unwell in appearance, will automatically be sent home. If a student has been sent home, he/she may not return to school that day.
- If a child is recovering from an illness or injury and is required to stay indoors during recess or physical education, a written note from home must be sent with the child to the child’s teacher.
- If a student needs to take medication at school, the medicine must be given directly to the teacher and must have a signed and dated note from the parent clearly stating the details of the medicine - its dosage and at what time it needs to be given.
- Students who are unable to attend school due to illness will not be permitted to take part in extra-curricular school activities falling on that day. Students must arrive in school before 11:00 a.m. in order to be eligible for participation on any particular day.
COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY INFO SESSIONS COMING UP -
**ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY: FEBRUARY 27
On Wednesday, February 27, Mr. Andy Swanson from Arizona State University (ASU) will be visiting WYIS. He will give a presentation on the benefits of attending ASU. He will also be available to answer your questions. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in attending. Here are a few facts about ASU that may be helpful for you to know before Mr. Swanson arrives:
- ASU is America' s largest university in the U.S. (110,000 students) with the most international students (over 10,000). ASU is ranked #1 in innovation. ASU is ranked #5 in producing the best qualified grads. 87% of graduates have a job within 90 days of graduation.
- There is guaranteed admittance for students with 61 TEFL and 3.0 GPA. No SAT or ACT required. No essays. No application fee (for international students).
- There are scholarships for students with GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Students with 3.79 GPA can apply to be a part of Barretts Honors College, which is ranked number #1 in the USA.
- ASU in located in Phoenix, Arizona, the 5th largest city in the USA
**INDIANA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY: MARCH 7
On March 7, Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU) will present at WYIS from 12:15-12:45. Individual appointments are also available. (Email Kim.Culp@wyischina.com if interested.)
IWU is an academic community committed to changing the world by developing students in character, scholarship, and leadership. IWU has a residential campus in Indiana with 3,000 students, more than 10,000 students enrolled online and at education centers, and a sister institution in Sydney, Australia.
Quick Facts about IWU, please click: https://www.indwes.edu/about/quick-facts. Below are some IWU rankings:
1 Best Nursing Schools in Indiana, best-nursing-colleges.com 2017
2 Best Accounting Schools in Indiana, niche.com 2018
3 Best College Campuses in Indiana , niche.com 2018
LIMITED-EDITION 15TH ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRTS
We have some great looking new t-shirts in our lobby for sale. These 15th Anniversary t-shirts are here in limited quantities and for a limited time. Once they're gone, they're gone. We have a wide range of sizes for youth and adult. Youth sizes are 45RMB. Adult sizes are 50RMB. Get yours while you can.
SCHOOL CALENDAR/UPCOMING EVENTS:
March 6 - Make-up Picture Day
March 29 - Middle School Science Fair