After-School Activities for Quarters 1 & 2 of the 2022/2023 school year are located below.
|G1-5 Table Tennis||(no activities)||G6-12 Table Tennis||G1-5 Table Tennis||G1-5 Soccer|
|EC4-EC5 Ballet||(no activities)||G1-5 Soccer||G6-12 Chinese Painting||G1-5 Tee Ball|
|G6-12 Show Choir||(no activities)||G1-5 Dance||EC5-G1 Crafts||G1-5 Chinese Painting|
|(no activities)||(no activities)||G6-12 Writer's Workshop||G8-12 Technical Drawing||G6-12 Dance|
|(no activities)||(no activities)||(no activities)||(no activities)||G6-12 CrossFit|
|(no activities)||(no activities)||(no activities)||(no activities)||G7-12 Badminton|
Full descriptions of each activity will be available in PowerSchool starting on August 31, 2022. Please scroll all the way to the bottom for important information, as well.
NOTE: Beginning from last year, we are using a different process for registration than what we have used in the past. In the past, registration has been on a first-come, first-served basis. In order to make registration more equitable and less stressful for our families, we are now using a lottery system. Registration will still be in PowerSchool.
With the lottery system, you can register or "enter the lottery" for an activity any time during the 3-week registration period. Once you enter the lottery, you must wait until after the registration period has ended before you will know if you have successfully been enrolled. Entering the lottery early does not increase your chance of getting enrolled. We have considered many options and tested this system extensively over the past several months. While no system is perfect, we believe this lottery system allows more equal opportunity than what we have used in the past.
- Registration for activities begins at 7 PM* on Wednesday, August 31 and closes at 7 PM on Thursday, September 8, 2022. Enrollment will be finalized by 8 AM on Friday, September 9. As usual, registration is completed through your Parent Portal on PowerSchool.
- Once you have entered the lottery for a particular activity, you can check to see if the lottery enrolled you beginning at 8 AM on Friday, September 9. If a student's name is chosen for the lottery in an activity, the message shown in PowerSchool will display "Enrolled." If a student's name is not chosen for the lottery in an activity, the activity will no longer be visible.
- Due to the limited space for each activity, each student is allowed to register for one activity at first. If there is still open space after the lottery, we will allow student to register for one more activity starting at 8 AM, September 9. By then, it will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Activities have a minimum number of students required. If fewer than the minimum enters the lottery, the activity will not take place.
- Please note that G1-5 soccer club requires two days of practice. If your child signs up for it, he/she needs to commit to come to the practice on both Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Please note that if your child gets enrolled into an activity, you have 7 days from the date the activity begins to decide whether or not you would like your child to continue in that activity. Within those first 7 days, you can withdraw your child and not get charged the fee. To withdraw, you must email Ms. Xiong (email@example.com). After 7 days, the finance department will deduct the activity fee from your child’s account and will not return the fee if your child withdraws from the activity. Places are limited in each activity, so please choose wisely.
- If you have questions or need further help, please contact Ms. Xiong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HERE is the Agreement for After-School Activities that all participating students must return to Ms. Xiong or their activity leader.