WYIS began the first two weeks of the 2021/2022 school year online but transitioned to on-campus learning in early September 2021. Whether on campus or off, technology plays a large part in our learning. This page offers support for the primary tools we use for learning.
Canvas is a Learning Management System all classes use. Below is login and additional information. Please contact your child's teacher for questions about how his or her specific class is using Canvas.
Canvas Login Web URL/Address (canvas.ldi.global) HERE
CANVAS FOR STUDENTS
- All WYIS students now have a school-issued email and should choose Student Login.
- Remember, the Canvas login is the same as the student email login. If you can log in to your WYIS student email account, you can log in to your Canvas account. If you have problems with your student email account or Canvas, email the IT helpdesk: email@example.com.
- User names are first initial+last name+expected year of firstname.lastname@example.org (for example: email@example.com)
- If you, as a student, are sharing a device that another student is using and accessing their WYIS email and Canvas accounts on, you MUST log out of both programs before logging in as another student. If you do not, that will probably cause you problems.
Students - HERE are step-by-step instructions for logging into Canvas.
CANVAS FOR PARENTS
- All parents have access to Canvas as a parent/observer for their child's classes. This allows you, the parent/guardian, to log in to see your child’s class assignments, due dates, etc. It is not necessary for you to take any action on Canvas, unless you would like to, and observing your child's courses does not affect their courses or learning in any way. If you have questions, please contact Edgar Franks (firstname.lastname@example.org) or June Lei (email@example.com). This document also provides instructions and help for logging in as a parent/observer to see your child's courses.
- If you have more than one child accessing their WYIS email and Canvas accounts on one device, you MUST log out of both programs before logging in as another student. If you do not, that will probably cause you problems.
Parents - HERE is more information about Canvas.
Zoom is a video conferencing tool we use regularly at WYIS.
For the correct link on all WYIS Zoom calls, download Zoom directly from HERE
Our school uses PowerSchool as its Student Management System. The attached document HERE shows step-by-step instructions on how to log in to view a student's schedule on PowerSchool.
To visit the PowerSchool login portion of our website, click HERE. If you have technical problems with PowerSchool, please contact Agnes Liu (mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org).