Due to coronavirus health concerns throughout China, this event has been cancelled.
On Saturday, February 8, 2020, WYIS will host its second annual VEX IQ Challenge Robotics Tournament.
At the tournament, teams will compete with their designable and programmable robots in an interactive competition platform. The purpose of the event is to help promote robotics programs to young students throughout international schools in China. A robotics education nurtures students' interests in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
Below is a list of participating schools:
• Chengdu International School (CDIS)
• International School of Dongguan (ISD)
• St. Paul American School (SPAS)
• Tianjin International School (TIS)
• VEX Academy (VA)
• Western International School of Shanghai (WISS)
• Wuhan Yangtze International School (WYIS)
• Yantai Huashang International School (YHIS)
20 teams from various cities in China will compete at the tournament. The team who wins this this tournament will qualify them for the VEX Worlds Competition in Louisville, Kentucky, USA on April 26-28, 2020. VEX IQ Challenge is organized by Robotics Education and Competition (REC) Foundation, the largest and fastest growing school robotics program in the world.