School Calendar/Upcoming Events
September 25 - Talent Show
Sep 30-Oct 4 - National Day Holiday (No School)
FOR A COMPLETE LISTING OF ALL SCHOOL EVENTS, VIEW OUR WEBSITE CALENDAR: https://wyischina.com/en/news-and-events/calendar
News & Events at WYIS
Talent Show is just one week away! This year's show will be at 6:30 on Wednesday, September 25.
Talent Show is for students in grades 4-12 and is based on audition only.
Join us for this fun evening celebrating our students' talents!
Save the date for our biggest event of the year, International Day, where our whole community joins together to celebrate the cultural diversity at WYIS.
How can you get involved?
- Wear clothes from either your own country or from a country you identify with
- Make your favourite food to share from your country
- Prepare some form of cultural entertainment that highlights your country and its culture.
You'll hear more about International Day in the coming months; but for now, mark your calendars and start your planning.
LAOS SERVICE TRIP 2020
Every year, iSC sponsors an international service trip for students in grades 10-12. These service trips encourage students to grow in their experiences and personal character while serving impoverished families in international locations.
This school year's trip will be on January 19-29 in Luang Prabang, Laos. Students and staff will work with local people in Laos to support the community in a way that responsibly encourages future growth of that community.
Registration is now officially open. Interested students must register before October 8. Please register at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LaosRegistration2020. Questions? Contact Amanda Thornton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
SAFETY WHILE DRIVING ON CAMPUS
The safety of our students and staff is a TOP priority here at WYIS. With that said, please keep safety in mind first when you are on our campus.
Following are some guidelines to remember:
- Please keep your school parking permit card visible inside your car. If you have different cars, you may get more parking permits from the receptionist.
- Please slow your speed below 30k/hour after you enter the campus gates. When near the parking lot, please stay below 20k/hour.
- Please DO NOT PASS the school bus on campus while it is moving. If the bus is parked, passing slowly on the left is fine.
CONGRATULATIONS, MS. HANNAH CARTER
WYIS' very own librarian, Hannah Carter, was nominated for librarian of the month in the online community she uses for curriculum and resources. Click here to see Ms. Carter's recognition on the Elementary Librarian website and to read the article she wrote. Congratulations on this great honor!
Our library team is amazing. Thank you Ms. Carter, Ms. Tang, and the team of parent volunteers who serve our students and community each day in the WYIS library. We appreciate you all!