News & Events at WYIS
WATER DAY TOMORROW
Tomorrow is our annual end-of-school tradition: Water Day! For all students, this is a non-uniform day. Please wear clothing that can get wet - this means no white shirts/shorts, please - and bring a towel and change of clothes for afterwards. More details by grade levels below.
- Lower Elementary (EC4-Grade 1) will have their water fight on Thursday, June 6 from 10:30-11:00. No water guns will be allowed. We will use water balloons provided by classroom teachers.
- Upper Elementary (Grades 2-5) will have their water fight on Thursday, June 6 from 10:15-10:35. Water bottles and squirt guns (with teacher approval) can be used during the water fight. No water balloons allowed.
- Secondary – Secondary students will have their water fight on Thursday, June 6, from 11:10-11:25. Water bottles and squirt guns (with teacher approval) can be used during the water fight. No water balloons allowed.
We would love your input on this very short survey about our cafeteria and campus. Your feedback is important to us. In fact, last year, we purchased some new equipment as a direct result of the responses from this survey.
To access the survey, click here or scan this QR code.
The graduating class of 2019 invites you to celebrate WYIS Graduation 2019 with us.
The graduation ceremony will be on Thursday, June 6, at 5pm.
Join us in celebrating these graduates and their families. Tickets are not required, and all are welcome.
We will have summer checkouts available this year for grades 4 and above. If students have re-enrolled for next year, they may check out for the summer on Thursday, June 6. Below are additional details about this trial summer library program:
- The summer checkout due date will be Wednesday, August 14.
- If students have not re-enrolled, even if they plan to attend next year, they will not be able to check out books over the summer.
- If a student has re-enrolled, but circumstances change during the summer and they can no longer return in August, they must return their library books anyway, or pay for their replacement.
- Parents of re-enrolled students may also check out books over the summer.
- The library will be open every Wednesday during the summer from 10-12, and 12:30-2, in case people would like to check in their summer books and check out new ones.
HAVE YOU LOST SOMETHING AT SCHOOL?
If so, it may be in our Lost & Found. All Lost & Found items are now on tables at the entrnace to the Athletics Building.
We have LOTS of hoodies and other clothing, as well as water bottles and other random items. If you see something that belongs to you or your child, please come take it. The Lost & Found tables will be available to you through the last day of school. Come get your items... before they're gone.
AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES UPDATE
Here’s a quick update on 2018-2019 after-school activities. This year we had 20 after-school activities, which provided multiple clubs for almost every grade!
If you led or assisted with an after-school activity this school year, thank you so much for investing in our students. We know that it takes time and energy and can be challenging, but we hope it was rewarding as rewarding for you as it was for the students involved.
Here is a list of the after-school activities offered in 2018/2019: Badminton, Beginner's 3D Animation, Board Games, Chinese Calligraphy, CrossFit Kids (multiple gradelevels offered), EC4-5 Clay Club, Grade 5 Band, Harry Potter Club, HS Drama, HS Newspaper, HS Robotics, Minecraft, MS Band, Recycling Club, Soccer, Table Tennis, Wuhan Troupe
We're already planning for 2019/2020. If you'd like to be involved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have three t-shirt designs on sale: our grey WYIS Athletics t-shirt, our white 15th Anniversary t-shirt, and our orange Soccer Tournament t-shirt.
These are high quality t-shirts, and they make GREAT gifts for you to take home to family and friends this summer.
Shirts are 4 for 100 RMB or 1 for 30 RMB. Shirts are on display and available in our lobby at Buffalo Goods.
Days to remember
|SCHOOL CALENDAR/UPCOMING EVENTS:|
|June 6 - Last Day of School (Half day for all school)|
|June 6 - Graduation|