NEW ELEMENTARY ARRIVAL PROCEDURES
Beginning Monday, March 15, elementary students will no longer enter school through the main lobby. In order to alleviate the large group of students gathering in the lobby every morning, we are moving the elementary arrival location to the side door closest to the Performing Arts Building. If you were in our WYIS community prior to this year, you'll remember this as our usual elementary morning entrance for elementary.
No change to ECC and Secondary. Secondary enters by side doors closest to the basketball courts. ECC enters through their back doors on the playground.
Students will still have their temperatures checked before entering the building.
WYIS TALENT SHOW 2021
Parents, please join us for the WYIS Talent Show, a celebration of the diverse talents of our community! Initially, our Talent Show was planned as a Virtual Talent Show; but we are now able to have the show on campus.
We'll select a total of 20 acts (5 elementary, 5 middle school, 5 high school, and 5 staff) from video-submitted auditions. These selected video submissions will then be compiled together into a Virtual Talent Show video compilation, which will be uploaded to WYIS YouTube and Youku channels for your friends and family to enjoy on Friday, March 19, 2021! In addition to showing the video online, the show will be in person Thursday, March 18.
Who can audition?
All WYIS students grades 1-12, as well as WYIS staff
• Upload a video (or record directly using the FlipGrid uploading tool - please do not send a link) of you performing a rehearsed talent to the WYIS Talent Show FlipGrid site: https://flipgrid.com/afa5235b Videos must be submitted by Wednesday, March 10, 2021.
• Title your video file in the following manner: Student's First Name, Last Name, and grade level (example: Smith, Jenna, Grade 1).
• Performances may be up to 3 minutes in length. All performances, musical accompaniment, etc. must be school appropriate and carry a positive message.
• Please visit this link for more information.
We have a uniform policy at WYIS that is outlined in our Parent-Student Handbook, and we encourage you to review it to make sure your child is dressed properly for school. Beginning Monday, March 15, we will escalate the daily enforcement of the uniform policy as outlined on page 26 of the handbook. Below is a brief overview of the uniform policy for all students. For the complete policy and enforcement information, please review the handbook.
- TOPS - WYIS uniform polo shirt
- BOTTOMS - Either tan or dark blue bottoms
- PE UNIFORM - WYIS PE uniform top and either the WYIS PE uniform shorts, WYIS PE uniform black pants, or regular plain black pants.
- SPIRIT WEAR FRIDAYS – Every Friday, students can wear either their usual uniform to school or participate in Spirit Wear Friday, in which they wear any WYIS logo wear top along with their usual uniform bottoms or jeans.
- OUTER LAYERS - The only outer layers (coats or jackets) students may wear inside the school building are WYIS uniform layers -- either the green WYIS hoodie or WYIS PE jacket.
All our uniform items are available for purchase through our main office.
BRIEF SURVEY ABOUT VIDEO GAMING
Our iSC district of schools is participating in a survey exploring issues related to online video gaming. This brief survey should take less than 5 minutes to complete, and it is open to any and all ages - students, teachers, and parents.
Here is the link to the survey. Thank you for sharing your opinions on this topic.
PICTURE RETAKE DAY
Picture Retake Day is next week Friday, March 12. All students will participate in the all-school photo in the morning. Students who missed the initial picture day will be notified by their teachers that they will need their photo retaken on March 12. Students who are having their photo retaken should wear their WYIS school polo, not a PE shirt.
UPDATE ON Q3 AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
After-school activities for quarter 3 are well underway. We still have a few open spots in the following activities: Badminton Club (Grades 3-12) and Little Buckets Basketball Club (EC5-Grade 2).
If you would like your child to join, please review more about these activities here. Registration is available through your parent portal on PowerSchool.
Q4 AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES FOR ECC
Parents of students in ECC: WE would like to offer after-school activities for ECC in quarter 4, but we need your help with the planning. If you have suggestions of what types of activities would be good for our students in this young age group, we wold love to hear from you. Also, if you know others who teach suitable activities or if you would like to lead an activity yourself, please let us know. Please contact our After-School Activities Coordinator, Susie Xiong (email@example.com), with your feedback.
Our College & Career department is hosting a Career Day on the afternoon of April 28. Students in grades 8-12 wil attend Career Day to explore different career options and learn from adults who have experience in various fields. We are looking for parents of various expertise and backgrounds to present to our students during Career Day.
If you are interested in learning more about this and potentially presenting about your career during Career Day, please contact Curt Spigelmyre (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|March 18||Talent Show|
|April 2-6||Spring Holiday/Staff Professional Development (NO SCHOOL)|
|April 23-24||iSC HS Soccer Tournament (at WYIS)|
|April 30||Parent-Teacher Conferences (NO SCHOOL)|
FOR A COMPLETE LISTING OF ALL SCHOOL EVENTS, VIEW OUR WEBSITE CALENDAR.