Registration will open later in March.
MARCH SPIRIT DAYS
In March, every Wednesday is a Spirit Day, where students and staff dress up according to a theme. Below are the upcoming Spirit Day themes. Keep in mind these days are non-uniform days, but WYIS guidelines for dress code still apply. Skirts and shorts must be at or below the knee. Shirts must have sleeves and should not have inappropriate writing or artwork. Shoes must fully cover the feet.
• March 13: Famous Character Day (elementary) & Meme Day (secondary)
• March 20: Pajama Day
• March 27: Crazy Day
COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY INFO SESSION MARCH 7 - INDIANA WESLEYAN UNIVERSITY
On Thursday, March 7, Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU) will present at WYIS from 12:15-12:45. Individual appointments are also available. (Email Kim.Culp@wyischina.com if interested.) IWU is an academic community committed to changing the world by developing students in character, scholarship, and leadership. IWU has a residential campus in Indiana with 3,000 students, more than 10,000 students enrolled online and at education centers, and a sister institution in Sydney, Australia. Quick Facts about IWU, please click: https://www.indwes.edu/about/quick-facts. Below are some IWU rankings:
1 Best Nursing Schools in Indiana, best-nursing-colleges.com 2017
2 Best Accounting Schools in Indiana, niche.com 2018
3 Best College Campuses in Indiana , niche.com 2018
COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY INFO SESSION - MARCH 21 - NEWCASTLE, AUSTRALIA
Curious about college life in Australia? Want to know what the admissions process is, what entrance exams are accepted, or how much university will cost? University of Newcastle will be at WYIS on Thursday, March 21. They will provide a general information session and be available for individual meetings with families. Email Kim.Culp@wyischina.com if you have more questions or are interested in attending.
Below are testing dates for secondary students to keep in mind:
•SAT ¨C The final SAT test of the year will be Saturday, March 9
•SAT Subject Tests ¨C These tests will be June 1
If you have questions, contact Kim.Culp@wyischina.com
MISSED PICTURE DAY? MAKE-UP PICTURE DAY IS MARCH 13
If you missed picture day, we will have a make-up picture day on Wednesday, March 13. This is not a photo re-take day, but it is the last chance for students to get their photo taken for the WYIS yearbook. Students must wear their uniform polo. If it is PE day for a student who needs a photo, they can bring their polo to change into for the photo.
CAMPUS HOURS/CAMPUS SAFETY
For the safety of our students and staff, we always aim to know who is on our campus. Please remember, the WYIS campus closes at 4:00 each day. Students and families should exit campus by 4 unless they are participating in an after-school activity or have a pre-arranged event or meeting.
TIPS FOR GOOD HEALTH DURING FLU SEASON
It's winter cold and flu season. In order to keep our students and staff healthy, please keep the following in mind:
- If your child has a fever or shows other signs of illness, please keep them home for at least one full day after the fever is gone. This helps avoid a recurrence of the illness and ensures the child is fully recovered.
- Do not send your child to school if they have bad colds, fever (37.5?C /99.6?F or above), any contagious condition, diarrhea, vomiting, or nausea. Germs spread quickly in a classroom of children. Keeping a sick child home shows care for other school families and helps keep the school a much healthier place for your child.
- Students who are ill will be sent home after parents or emergency contacts have been notified. Students who have vomiting, diarrhea, fever, or who are obviously unwell in appearance, will automatically be sent home. If a student has been sent home, he/she may not return to school that day.
- If a child is recovering from an illness or injury and is required to stay indoors during recess or physical education, a written note from home must be sent with the child to the child¡¯s teacher.
- If a student needs to take medication at school, the medicine must be given directly to the teacher and must have a signed and dated note from the parent clearly stating the details of the medicine - its dosage and at what time it needs to be given.
- Students who are unable to attend school due to illness will not be permitted to take part in extra-curricular school activities falling on that day. Students must arrive in school before 11:00 a.m. in order to be eligible for participation on any particular day.
Days to remember
|SCHOOL CALENDAR/UPCOMING EVENTS:|
|Friday, March 29 - Middle School Science Fair|
|Wednesday, April 10 - Parent-Teacher Conferences & Re-Enrollment Fair (NO SCHOOL)|