News & Events at WYIS
PAJAMA DAY/DRESS-DOWN DAY
This Friday, December 20, all WYIS students can get a break from their regular uniforms and dress down on this last day before Christmas break. .
- For ECC and Elementary students, it's a Pajama Day!
- For Secondary, it's Christmas Colors Day! Students can wear whatever they'd like - whether PJs or regular clothes - but they must be in Christmas colors.
Regardless of what they wear, students must dress modestly as usual. Any student who does not want to participate should wear their regular school uniform that day.
The Laos Team is now selling long-sleeved t-shirts and drawstring backpacks to raise money for the Laos Service Trip in January. All profit from sales will help cover expenses for students on this trip.
T-Shirts are for sale at 130 RMB each. The drawstring bags are 35 RMB each. We do not have the t-shirts and bags yet in school, but we are taking pre-orders. Click here to place your pre-order.
Note: Prices listed are minimum donation prices. If you would like to pay more for your t-shirt or bag to help raise more money for this service trip, the team will gratefully accept that gift from you. You may also contribute funds directly by going to the Cashier desk on the first floor any time during regular cashier hours. Please tell them your donation is for the Laos trip.
More about the Laos Service Trip: Every year, iSC sponsors an international service trip for students in grades 10-12. These service trips encourage students to grow in their experiences and personal character while serving impoverished families in international locations. This school year's trip will be on January 19-29, 2020, in Luang Prabang, Laos. Students and staff will work with local people in Laos to support the community in a way that responsibly encourages future growth of that community.
HALF-DAY FRIDAY - CHRISTMAS BREAK
All students are released at 11:30 this Friday, December 20. Buses leave at 11:45.
We hope you all have a GREAT Christmas break!! See you back at school for Semester 2 on Monday, January 6, 2020!!
QUARTER 3 AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES
Below are after-school activities for Quarter 3. Students may register beginning Thursday, January 9 at 9 AM.
- G4-5 Book Club, February 10 – March 30, 3:15 – 3:50
- G3-5 WYIS Children’s Choir, February 3 – May 18, 3:15 – 4:30
- G3-5 Soccer, February 11 – March 17, 3:15 – 4:30
- Ballet Club is still to be determined
- G5 McCutchan After-School Band, September 18 – May 27, 3:15 – 4:30
- G6-8 Explorations in Musical Instruments, February 5 – May 20, 3:15 – 4:30
- G6-12 Studio Ghibli Movie Club, February 5 – March 25, 3:15 – 4:30
- G1-2 Arts & Crafts, February 6 – March 19, 3:15 – 4:30
- G4-5 Homework Club, February 6 – March 19, 3:15 – 4:30
- G4-5 Junior Robot, February 6 – March 19, 3:15 – 4:30
- G5 Balusdan After-School Band, September 19 – May 28, 3:15 – 4:30
- G6-12 After-School Band, August 30 – May 29, 3:15 – 4:30
- G6-12 Advanced Art, February 7 – March 20, 3:15 – 4:45
When registering for an activity, please keep the following in mind:
- Desktop/laptop works best. The PowerSchool APP is not reliable when registering for activities.
- Firefox and Chrome are the best browsers to use. Internet Explorer is not reliable when registering for activities.
In order to give students a fair chance to participate, elementary students can only register for one after-school activity per quarter. However, if there are still spots available by 9AM on Tuesday, January 14, students can sign up for any available spot in any of the activities. Choose wisely, and please only sign up for activities that your child will definitely attend.
SECONDARY FINAL EXAMS
Secondary final exams are in progress this week. Secondary students are released at 11:30 am each day. Bus riders may enjoy a short recess until 11:45 when transportation will be provided to their homes. Secondary students may not stay in the building after 11:45 during final exam week unless attending a review session requested by a teacher. Final exam week offers high school students (Grades 9-12) an open campus. Students may choose to come to school only during exam blocks, or if they choose to study. Study hall blocks are not required exams.
Elementary classes are in session all day/regular hours this week, with the exception of Friday, December 20, when all students leave at 11:30.
CHRISTMAS PROGRAM PHOTO ALBUM
After every event at WYIS, we post a photo album on our website. Albums are listed on our website under News & Events, then Albums. To see photos from the Christmas program last Friday, click here.
|December 16-19||Secondary final exams|
|December 20||Half day of school|
|December 23-January 3||Christmas break (no school)|
**FOR A COMPLETE LISTING OF ALL SCHOOL EVENTS, VIEW OUR WEBSITE CALENDAR.