|September 12||Mid-Autumn Festival (No School)|
FOR A COMPLETE LISTING OF ALL SCHOOL EVENTS, VIEW OUR WEBSITE CALENDAR.
NEW PARENT ORIENTATION POSTPONED
If you are new to WYIS for the 2022-2023 school year, we had hoped to welcome you to campus this Friday for a New Parent Orientation. Unfortunately, due to new COVID restrictions, we are postponing the Orientation until further notice.
We will update you as soon as we are able to reschedule Orientation.
Below is a list of who to contact for common matters at school. We hope you find this helpful as we kick off the school year:
- If you need to report your child as absent for the day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before 8 AM on the day they will be absent.
- If you have any questions about financial matters, please email email@example.com.
- If you have problems logging into PowerSchool, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School office working hours are from 8 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. If you have any questions or need to contact the office, please call 8627 8423 8713 or email email@example.com.
COVID Test Guidance
As you all know, the recent COVID Prevention policy requires people to do COVID tests within 48 hours, otherwise the Green Code will change to grey. If your community offers COVID testing, please follow your community’s instructions to do the test. Your child does not need to do the COVID test in your community if the school offers one on the same day. We will inform you the days that we will have tests at school.
ENJOYING OUR INTERNATIONAL CAMPUS
To maintain our WYIS campus as an international community and a quality learning environment, here are several important rules for all of us to keep in mind:
- Please do not smoke anywhere on our campus
- Please respect each other’s own cultural differences
- Please do not litter on campus
- Please don't use rude words in any language
- Please remember younger children (Grade 5 and under) must be supervised when they play after school
- Please keep in mind our students watch and hear what adults around them say and do. Use positive words and actions when you're on our campus.
Thank you for helping us keep our campus a positive and healthy place for the WYIS community.
AFTER-SCHOOL ACTIVITIES FOR QUARTERS 1 & 2
We've got a great line-up of After-School Activities (ASA) to kick off the year. See the full list for Quarters 1 and 2 below, and register starting August 31 on your Parent Portal in PowerSchool. For more information about ASAs and how registration works, view the web page HERE.
|G1-5 Table Tennis||G1-3 Ballet||G6-12 Table Tennis||G1-5 Table Tennis||G1-5 Soccer|
|EC4-EC5 Ballet||(no activities)||G1-5 Soccer||G6-12 Chinese Painting & Calligraphy||G6-12 Dance|
|G8-12 Technical Drawing||(no activities)||G1-5 Dance||G7-12 Badminton||G1-5 Tee Ball|
|G6-12 Show Choir||(no activities)||G6-12 Flag Football||G2-5 Tai Chi||G1-5 Chinese Painting & Calligraphy|
|(no activities)||(no activities)||(no activities)||EC5-G1 Crafts||G7-12 CrossFit|
RULES FOR VISITING CAMPUS
In order to meet the requirements both for epidemic prevention and general safety, we ask you to follow the rules below when you visit our campus:
- Parents are not allowed to visit the classroom.
- In order to avoid your child losing time in the classroom, please avoid unnecessary travel as much as possible.
- Guests who come to campus must register first at the front desk and receive a visitor's tag.
- If you drive to school, please enter through the south gate nearest the French school. That gate is open for one-way traffic. All cars must enter the south entrance (near the French school) and exit through the north gate nearest the WYIS building.
If you have questions, please contact our Director of Operations, Jessie Guo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
STAYING ON CAMPUS AFTER SCHOOL
We love our campus being used to build community, and we encourage parents to connect with one another on our campus at the end of the day. Parents are welcome to stay after school for their kids to use our playgrounds, but keep in mind that parents or guardians are required to provide supervision and maintain responsibility for their own children. Playgrounds remain open after school, but children may not be left unattended.
Students who are not staying for after-school or scheduled activities should leave all buildings (academic, performing arts, and athletics) by 3:45 PM each day. For safety reasons, we cannot allow students to remain on campus at any point unsupervised. Our campus closes at 5 PM.
At WYIS, we require all students to follow our Uniform Policy. A uniform dress code reinforces in students a sense of pride in their own appearance, instills recognition of themselves as an integral part of the school community, and assists in developing pride in representing their school.
Please review our complete Uniform Policy in the Parent-Student Handbook HERE.
The Lobby Library opens today! Parents, you can come to the Lobby Library to pick up or return a book any Monday, Wednesday, or Friday from 3:30 to 4:00. According to current health and safety regulations, library access is restricted to only students and staff. We hope that through the Lobby Library, you can continue to read and enjoy the great books our library has to offer.