After-School Activities for Quarter 3 of the 2021/2022 school year are located HERE. Full descriptions of each activity will be available in PowerSchool after Monday, December 13, 2021. Please scroll all the way to the bottom for important information, as well.
NOTE: Beginning with Quarter 3, we are using a different process for registration than what we have used in the past. In the past, registration has been on a first-come, first-served basis. In order to make registration more equitable and less stressful for our families, we are now using a lottery system. Registration will still be in PowerSchool.
With the lottery system, you can register or "enter the lottery" for an activity any time during the 3-week registration period. Once you enter the lottery, you must wait until after the registration period has ended before you will know if you have successfully been enrolled. Entering the lottery early does not increase your chance of getting enrolled. We have considered many options and tested this system extensively over the past several months. While no system is perfect, we believe this lottery system allows more equal opportunity than what we have used in the past.
- Registration for activities begins at 7 PM* on Monday, December 13 and closes at 7 PM on Monday, January 3, 2022. Enrollment will be finalized by 8AM on Wednesday, January 5. As usual, registration is completed through your Parent Portal on PowerSchool.
- Once you have entered the lottery for a particular activity, you can check to see if the lottery enrolled you beginning at 8 AM on Wednesday, January 5. If a student's name is chosen for the lottery in an activity, the message shown in PowerSchool will display "Enrolled." If a student's name is not chosen for the lottery in an activity, the activity will no longer be visible.
- We encourage you to sign up for as many activities as your child would like. This will increase their odds of getting enrolled into at least one activity. HOWEVER, you may only choose one activity per day. If there are two activities on the same day that your child would like to attend, you must only enter the lottery for one of those activities. The system will not allow you to enter the lottery for 2 activities that occur at the same time. If you try to do so, PowerSchool will display a "time conflict" message.
- Please note that if your child has turned in the after-school activities agreement in quarter 1 or 2, he or she does not need to turn it in again for joining an activity for the rest of the school year. If you haven’t turned in an afterschool agreement before, you can print it out HERE (Chinese).
- Activities have a minimum number of students required. If fewer than the minimum enter the lottery, the activity will not take place.
- Please note that if your child gets enrolled into an activity, you have 7 days from the date the activity begins to decide whether or not you would like your child to continue in that activity. Within those first 7 days, you can withdraw your child and not get charged the fee. To withdraw, you must email Ms. Xiong (firstname.lastname@example.org). After 7 days, the finance department will deduct the activity fee from your child’s account and will not return the fee if your child withdraws from the activity. Places are limited in each activity, so please choose wisely.
- If you have questions or need further help, please contact Ms. Xiong at email@example.com.
*The time has been updated from our earlier published time.