We're back on campus and online, and the school year is off to a great start! Below are details about out our instructional program this year, as well as help with Tech Tools and some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). Please let us know how we can support you.
Canvas is a Learning Management System many of our classes used during Home-Based Learning. All classes - EC3 through Grade 12, both on campus and WYIS Online - will use Canvas for the 2020/2021 school year. If you were enrolled at WYIS in 2019/2020 and used Canvas during Home-Based Learning, the same site/location WILL NOT WORK for the 2020/2021 school year. Do not use any saved HBL links. You must use the site/address below.
>>>>>START HERE - Canvas Login Web URL/Address: canvas.ldi.global
Below are specific instructions by grade:
- EC3-Grade 5 - Students in EC3-5 HAVE a school-issued email and should choose Login For Students with a School Issued Email Address. Parents were emailed information about how to access their child's WYIS email account. With your child's email account information, you can log in to their Canvas account.*
- Grades 6-12 - Students in Grades 3-12, HAVE a school-issued email and should choose Login For Students with a School Issued Email Address. Students were emailed instructions about logging into Canvas.
- Remember, the Canvas login is the same as the student email login. If you can log in to your WYIS student email account, you can log in to your Canvas account. If you're having problems with your student email account, email the IT helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org.*
- User names are first initial+last name+expected year of email@example.com (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you have more than one child accessing their WYIS email and Canvas accounts on one device, you MUST log out of both programs before logging in as another student. If you do not, that will probably cause you problems.
Zoom is a video conferencing tool we use regularly at WYIS. Teachers and students both will use Zoom for "live" conversations and instruction.
For the correct link on all WYIS Zoom calls, download Zoom directly from HERE
Looking for the Add/Drop Request Form? Look no further. View or download it (HERE).