We're midway through the 2020-2021 school year, and we're thankful the vast majority of our students and teachers are in person on campus at WYIS. Below are details about our instructional program for the year, as well as help with Tech Tools and some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). Please let us know how we can support you.
Canvas is a Learning Management System many of our classes used during Home-Based Learning in the 2019-2020 school year. All classes - EC3 through Grade 12 - will use Canvas for the 2020/2021 school year.
>>>>>START HERE - Canvas Login Web URL/Address: canvas.ldi.global
- All WYIS students now have a school-issued email and should choose Login For Students with a School Issued Email Address.
- Beginning January 4, 2021, all parents have access to Canvas as a parent/observer for their child's classes. This allows you, the parent/guardian, to log in to see your child’s class assignments, due dates, etc. It is not necessary for you to take any action on Canvas, unless you would like to, and observing your child's courses does not affect their courses or learning in any way. If you have questions, please contact Edgar Franks (email@example.com) or June Lei (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Remember, the Canvas login is the same as the student email login. If you can log in to your WYIS student email account, you can log in to your Canvas account. If you're having problems with your student email account, email the IT helpdesk: email@example.com.*
- User names are first initial+last name+expected year of firstname.lastname@example.org (for example: email@example.com)
- If you have more than one child accessing their WYIS email and Canvas accounts on one device, you MUST log out of both programs before logging in as another student. If you do not, that will probably cause you problems.
- If you were enrolled at WYIS in 2019/2020 and used Canvas during Home-Based Learning, the same site/location WILL NOT WORK for the 2020/2021 school year. Do not use any saved HBL links. You must use the site/address for Canvas listed above.
Zoom is a video conferencing tool we use regularly at WYIS. Teachers and students both will use Zoom for "live" conversations and instruction.
For the correct link on all WYIS Zoom calls, download Zoom directly from HERE
Our school uses PowerSchool as its Student Management System. The attached document HERE shows step-by-step instructions on how to log in to view a student's schedule on PowerSchool.
To visit the PowerSchool login portion of our website, click HERE. Technical problems with PowerSchool, contact Agnes Liu (mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org).