WYIS is almost completely in-person and on campus,with just a handful of students and two teachers still remote. Below are details of our instructional program, as well support from Tech Tools and some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). Please let us know how we can support you.
Canvas is a Learning Management System all classes use. Below is login and additional information. Please contact your child's teacher for questions about how his or her specific class is using Canvas.
>>>>>START HERE - Canvas Login Web URL/Address: canvas.ldi.global
- All WYIS students now have a school-issued email and should choose Login For Students with a School Issued Email Address.
- Beginning January 4, 2021, all parents have access to Canvas as a parent/observer for their child's classes. This allows you, the parent/guardian, to log in to see your child’s class assignments, due dates, etc. It is not necessary for you to take any action on Canvas, unless you would like to, and observing your child's courses does not affect their courses or learning in any way. If you have questions, please contact Edgar Franks (firstname.lastname@example.org) or June Lei (email@example.com). This document also provides instructions and help for logging in.
- Remember, the Canvas login is the same as the student email login. If you can log in to your WYIS student email account, you can log in to your Canvas account. If you're having problems with your student email account, email the IT helpdesk: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- User names are first initial+last name+expected year of email@example.com (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you have more than one child accessing their WYIS email and Canvas accounts on one device, you MUST log out of both programs before logging in as another student. If you do not, that will probably cause you problems.
Zoom is a video conferencing tool we use regularly at WYIS.
For the correct link on all WYIS Zoom calls, download Zoom directly from HERE
Our school uses PowerSchool as its Student Management System. The attached document HERE shows step-by-step instructions on how to log in to view a student's schedule on PowerSchool.
To visit the PowerSchool login portion of our website, click HERE. If you have technical problems with PowerSchool, please contact Agnes Liu (mailto: email@example.com).