Due to the changing COVID-19 situation in Wuhan, WYIS is beginning the 2021/2022 school year with online learning. While we believe we will be back on campus before long, we are confident that starting the learning as soon as possible is the best solution for our entire WYIS community. Read more here from Dr. Christopher Rehm, Head of School.
Below are details of our instructional program, as well support from Tech Tools and some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). Please let us know how we can support you.
Let the learning begin!
Learning online requires tools of the trade. WYIS is eager to equip all our learners for success during online learning, so we are supplying every student with a School Start Kit. Each kit contains textbooks, resources, and even grade-appropriate technology devices, all customized for each student's grade level.
Canvas is a Learning Management System all classes use. Below is login and additional information. Please contact your child's teacher for questions about how his or her specific class is using Canvas.
>>>>>START HERE - Canvas Login Web URL/Address: canvas.ldi.global
CANVAS FOR STUDENTS
- All WYIS students now have a school-issued email and should choose Student Login.
- Remember, the Canvas login is the same as the student email login. If you can log in to your WYIS student email account, you can log in to your Canvas account. If you have problems with your student email account or Canvas, email the IT helpdesk: email@example.com.
- User names are first initial+last name+expected year of firstname.lastname@example.org (for example: email@example.com)
- If you, as a student, are sharing a device that another student is using and accessing their WYIS email and Canvas accounts on, you MUST log out of both programs before logging in as another student. If you do not, that will probably cause you problems.
Students - HERE are step-by-step instructions for logging into Canvas.
CANVAS FOR PARENTS
- All parents have access to Canvas as a parent/observer for their child's classes. This allows you, the parent/guardian, to log in to see your child’s class assignments, due dates, etc. It is not necessary for you to take any action on Canvas, unless you would like to, and observing your child's courses does not affect their courses or learning in any way. If you have questions, please contact Edgar Franks (firstname.lastname@example.org) or June Lei (email@example.com). This document also provides instructions and help for logging in as a parent/observer to see your child's courses.
- If you have more than one child accessing their WYIS email and Canvas accounts on one device, you MUST log out of both programs before logging in as another student. If you do not, that will probably cause you problems.
Parents - HERE is more information about Canvas.
Zoom is a video conferencing tool we use regularly at WYIS.
For the correct link on all WYIS Zoom calls, download Zoom directly from HERE
Our school uses PowerSchool as its Student Management System. The attached document HERE shows step-by-step instructions on how to log in to view a student's schedule on PowerSchool.
To visit the PowerSchool login portion of our website, click HERE. If you have technical problems with PowerSchool, please contact Agnes Liu (mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org).